The Tower Hamlets Inter Faith Forum in Tower Hamlets provides a great opportunity to celebrate the significant contribution that faith organisations have in the lives of people in Tower Hamlets, and has provided the space to identify how faith organisations can play an even bigger role in the future success of all communities who live and work here.
One of the most important roles of the Inter Faith Network is to facilitate better communication and understanding between the different faiths in Tower Hamlets. In the current international climate, this role is a vital one
The Inter Faith Forum has set itself an ambitious agenda and to achieve this is working closely with a large number of faith leaders representing the broad range of faiths in the borough, the Council, the Police and local umbrella and network bodies.
By drawing together all the faith organisations in Tower Hamlets, the forum intends to:
- celebrate the important contribution that religious faith makes to the lives of local communities
- foster greater understanding and respect between our communities
- secure a more prominent role for faith organisations in regenerating their communities and delivering the borough’s community plan
- provide a forum for sharing knowledge, resources and good practice
- speak with in harmony when faith organisations address important public issues
- break down prejudice and discrimination based on faith
Purpose of the Tower Hamlets Inter Faith Forum
The Inter Faith forum brings together all religious faith organisations in Tower Hamlets to:
- provide solidarity in breaking down faith based prejudice and discrimination;
- develop and promote a shared understanding of the common values of the different religious faiths and their communities;
- facilitate greater understanding and respect between faith communities and contribute to greater community cohesion and energy for positive change
- recognise and celebrate the important contribution that religious faith has in the lives of local people;
- secure a bigger role for faith organisations in the regeneration of Tower Hamlets and the implementation of the Community Plan;
- provide a forum for sharing knowledge, resources and good practice, and for developing a shared understanding on important public issues impacting on the lives of local communities.
Who can attend the Inter Faith Forum?
Anyone who has a representative role for a religious community in Tower Hamlets who is committed to working in partnership with other faith communities.
Where can I get further information about the work of the Forum?
Alan Green, Chair of the Inter Faith Forum
Tel 020 8980 1742